Edwin Pawlowski

Default Titebond III Does not Perform

"J T" wrote in message
.

I just checked Titebond.com. It does say Titebond III is
waterproof. Then it also says:
Limitations Not for continuous submersion or for use below the
waterline.

The author acknowledges the limiation but does it anyway. He notes that it
was a severe test. Sort of like testing bicycle tires by putting them on an
18 wheeler then saying they did not fare well.

I happen to like Wood magazine, but this test is completely wrong. The
product should have been tested within the limits of its design. Period.
The Titebond people could end up demanding a retraction and re-testing. I
would.
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome