Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Beloved Leader Beloved Leader is offline

Default Wanted: information on charger for Rio S50 mp3 player

On Saturday, November 16, 2013 2:05:48 AM UTC-5, wrote: Beloved Leader wrote: What was its output voltage?

Probably more than 1.2 V. More below.
[snip a whole bunch of good advice}
If the "charge" indicator on the MP3 player comes on and stays on, then you need a 1.5 V adapter.
[more snippage]
A thrift store can be a good place to find an adapter, if you don't mind shopping around a little.
[snip even more]
You probably don't need arc flash protection at this power level,...
[snip again]
Matt Roberds

I've seen some arc flash videos, and they are quite dramatic. I think I can avoid that fate by being careful.

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...rc+flash&sm=12

I have several shoe boxes full of wall warts. It was a thrift store that came up with the computer cable with the odd Rio plug on one end. There are two thrift stores nearby with bins full of cheap, as in $1 or $2, wall warts.. At yard sales, they usually fetch less than that. Finding one with the right current and the right voltage and the right polarity and the right size connector is the trick.

I've been thinking that 3 volts was about right.

Thanks for the help.