Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott[_4_] Tim Wescott[_4_] is offline

Default Heavy duty sewing shops?

On Sat, 16 Nov 2013 08:01:09 -0600, Ignoramus26083 wrote:

I have a military M923 truck that I want to sell soon. This truck has a
heavy vinyl "soft top" for the cab, which is supposed to be attached to
a C shaped rubbery plastic strip that is used to hook it up to the cab.

I have both the top and the strip. At some point, they were sewn
together, but the seam came apart. This is unsightly. I want to find
some shop that can sew such thick and hard stuff together.

Does someone know what sort of business I should look for in yellow
pages. I tried some searches and did not come up with much.

If you haven't figured it out yet, "Upholstery" is the common keyword.
Auto upholstery shops generally do tops, as well. Not only will they
have the equipment to do the job, but they'll have worked on convertible
tops, too, and will understand what's going on.

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com