Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - To Stormin Mormon

On 11/10/2013 8:29 AM, Mike Hunt-Hertz wrote:
On 11/10/2013 08:53 AM, RobertMacy wrote:
On Sat, 09 Nov 2013 15:16:12 -0700, DerbyDad03
wrote:
Loads instantly on my iPad, both in my newsreader's web window and in
Safari.

THAT'S EXACTLY the answers I get when I complain about some vendor's
website, "Well, I just tried it and it worked for
me." Certainly FULL of information on where to look and how to fix,
right?

The website I like is the one paid for with tax dollars to provide the
service of presenting aerial maps and now
REQUIRING Microsoft Silverlight! Yeah, REQUIRES Silverlight for those
fixed images. Oh, but the zoom in overlay
graphics are so much MORE dramatic than before. All that for
'transitional' oomph! The aerial maps/photos are STILL
blurry, though.

You are 100% correct, Robert! The web is seriously broken.

When you mix multiple versions of html, java, javascript, css,
silverlight, flash, banner ads from multiple servers, and a bazillion
different browsers, not to mention that most web sites are created by
the cheapest hack, it's an absolute ****ing wonder that web pages load
at all.

That's why I have a dozen different web browsers installed on my system.
I use Pale Moon on my Win XP box but with the add-ons for malware
protection, so much crap is blocked that I must switch to a different
browser like Opera. Besides, I like to see how the different browsers
handle the same website. ^_^

TDD