Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default population growth

On 14/11/2013 17:05, Adrian wrote:

Us able-bodied white men just have to admit that we have had an unfair
advantage for far too long, and stop whining when those who aren't so
fortunate try to level the playing field a bit.

Depends on how to define "level the playing field".

If you mean that someone non white/male etc should be judged on the same
scale as the white male applicant, then I am in full agreement with that.

However the moment you slip into US style "affirmative action" and
positively discriminate in favour of the less able/suited candidate
simply because of their race etc, you have a big problem with ongoing
negative effects.

--
Cheers,

John.