Leon

Default Titebond III Does not Perform

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
m...
After reading the article, I wondered how realistic the test is. How many
joints get submerged for 24 hours? How does the submerged joint compare

one with possibly a finish on the pieces and subjected to some rain over a
few days? How would it be if the pieces were allowed to dry out for a
couple of days?

I don't expect it to hold up submerged, but I do want to know how well it
hold up in typical outdoor furniture uses. Sometimes magazine testing is
not at all comparable to real life situations.

I don't think it really matters how realistic the testings were. What
matters is that all glues were treated and tested the same. TBIII cost 60%
more and was out performed by TBII.