Edwin Pawlowski

Default Titebond III Does not Perform

"Leon" wrote in message

In a water resistant test, glued joints were submerged in water for 24
hours. Surprisingly Titebond III scored worse than Titebond II. The TB

II
joint held up to about 300 PSI. TB III failed at about 200 PSI. So I

guess
you should save your money. TBIII is typically 60% more expensive than TB
II.

After reading the article, I wondered how realistic the test is. How many
joints get submerged for 24 hours? How does the submerged joint compare to
one with possibly a finish on the pieces and subjected to some rain over a
few days? How would it be if the pieces were allowed to dry out for a
couple of days?

I don't expect it to hold up submerged, but I do want to know how well it
hold up in typical outdoor furniture uses. Sometimes magazine testing is
not at all comparable to real life situations.
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome