Leon

Default Titebond III Does not Perform

"RKON" wrote in message
news:FPGHc.12447$r3.717@okepread03...
Leon:

I read the article today while at a beautiful beach. It was an excellent
article and they were pretty methodical and consistent in their testing. I
was impressed with the performance of the Good Ole Elmers. It just shows
what marketing can do. Oh BTW, did you see what was on the back cover of

the
issue? " The Best Wood Glue Ever" Ouch....

Reading at the beach.... hummm kicking back are you. Well, I went to see
Simon & Garfunkle in concert Wednesday night... That was a real treat.

Anyway... Best wood Glue ever... Yeah I saw that. I do believe that
Titebond is a good glue but apparently not the best. I have been using the
Titebond and Elmer's ProBond equally for the last umpteen years. I did
indeed send an email to Franklin and it will be interesting to see if Wood
got all the results mixed up or not. Titebond III claims vastly stronger
than polyurethane on that back cover. We'll see. I guess advertising
heavily on the back cover did not buy a fovorable review this time.