Charlie Self

Default Never saw another like it

Patrick Conroy asks:

I'm interested in seeing how this hybrid saw tune plays out over the next

six
months or year. There should be some response from both Jet and DeWalt as

changes in their saws to justify the cost--very close to that of the new
Craftsman.

As I SuperSaw buyer, I too looked at the specs of the new Craftsman. The 1
3/4 horse lines up w/ the hybrids. But is the main difference in the
trunions? The Craftsman being more "cabinet-ish" and the hybrids more
"contractor-esque"?

I think so, but as I said earlier, I have not examined the Jet and DeWalt saws
very closely, so I do NOT know for sure. I don't think either of the others has
the trunnions mounted on the cabinet, nor do I think they have cast iron
trunnions. But that's an impression, not a fact.

Charlie Self
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or
not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." Ernest Benn