Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob_Villa Bob_Villa is offline

Default OT - To Stormin Mormon

On Sunday, November 10, 2013 2:27:15 PM UTC-6, The Daring Dufas wrote:

All I remember about Jesus/God was that Sister Godzilla kept telling me

that he was going to smite me dead because I was so evil. I questioned

why God would smite me dead for looking up Cristina's dress when I'm

only six years old? I didn't think I was that important. Of course I

decided all adults were full of crap when I was six, the mistake I made

was letting the nuns know how I felt. The trouble I caused was because a

lot of what I was being told didn't make a lot of sense to me and I

would question it. Of course I was considered the spawn of Satan because

of my refusal to accept everything as the absolute truth. o_O

TDD

You paint yourself as a rebel and an intellectual...I think you stretch the truth in both regards.
The church does admit it has failed to educate in many ways. Arch-Bishop Sheen back in the 50's told parents to send their children to public school because we did such a dismal job of communicating to our young.
I was in Catholic school in the 50's and saw nothing but caring in regards to teaching nuns through 8 grades.
You need to re-educate yourself in your beliefs...I would suggest Fr. Barron.
http://www.wordonfire.org/