Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default OT - To Stormin Mormon

RobertMacy wrote:
On Sun, 10 Nov 2013 13:27:15 -0700, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

...snip...

All I remember about Jesus/God was that Sister Godzilla kept telling me
that he was going to smite me dead because I was so evil. I questioned
why God would smite me dead for looking up Cristina's dress when I'm
only six years old? I didn't think I was that important. Of course I
decided all adults were full of crap when I was six, the mistake I
made was letting the nuns know how I felt. The trouble I caused was
because a lot of what I was being told didn't make a lot of sense to
me and I would question it. Of course I was considered the spawn of Satan because

of my refusal to accept everything as the absolute truth. o_O

TDD

Wow! I NEVER met a surly, nor mean, nun. Was taught always with kindness.
Never even saw any of those rulers over the knuckles, nor bullying so often alluded to.

I received my First Communion in a church that had these spring loaded
clips on the back of pews so the gentlemen could hang their hats:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BW9t_cQCQAA8UJ4.jpg

If you pulled the clip out and let it go, it would make a snap that would
echo throughout the church. If someone did it during rehearsals and a nun
figured out who it was, she would take the culprit into an alcove a rapped
his knuckles with a ruler. That rap, and the scream that usually followed,
would also echo throughout the church. There were constant reminders of the
pain that would rain down on us if any of us snapped the clip during the
Communion ceremony.

Well, come that Sunday, there were visiting priests and other church
dignitaries in attendance. Right in the middle of the ceremony one of the
priests pulled back on the clip and a loud snap was heard throughout the
church. After a moment of shocked silence, a ripple of 7 & 8 year old
laughter spread throughout the church as we all realized that the nuns
weren't about to take a priest into the alcove and rap his knuckles. To
this day we don't know if the priest did it on purpose or not, but when we
started laughing, so did he. The nuns, not so much.