Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham.[_2_] Graham.[_2_] is offline

Default Thermal fuses in appliances

On Mon, 11 Nov 2013 13:01:20 -0800 (PST), wrote:

On Monday, November 11, 2013 8:00:23 PM UTC, Cursitor Doom wrote:
Hi all,
Well, I got my tumble dryer working again by just cleaning the nylon
gears in the tumble/reverse timer with solvent; the grease on them had
congealed and hardened and forced them out of mesh (they don't run in
proper bearings).
So fine in that regard. However, as some people warned me, the power to
the heating elements is no longer there so it looks like one or more
thermal cut-outs have tripped (presumably when the drum stopped turning
owing to the earlier problem).
So.... where can I find these cut-outs and what do they look like?
cheers,
cd.

bottom of:
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=Fuse

NT

They are supposed to be self resetting, but they often fail open
circuit.

I would expect that type in a tumble dryer rather than the wire-ended
ones mentioned earlier.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%