Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default OT - To Stormin Mormon

"dadiOH" wrote in message
It wasn't just nuns. I recall, semi-fondly, my second grade teacher at
Waverly Elementary in KCK, Miss Brown. She used to whack me on the
knuckles with a ruler to encourage me not to bite my nails. Didn't work,
I still do it...possibly just to spite her.

My 8 th grade english teacher never went anywhere in the class room without
her foot long ruler with her. She was a small woman not even 5 feet tall.
She might as well been 6 foot 6 inches and weighed 250 pounds. No one gave
her any back talk and if you were not doing what she wanted you to do she
would hit you on the hand or knuckles with that ruler.
That was in the good old school days of the 60's where the teacher was the
boss of what went on in her class.
She had beter disipline in her class than the shop teacher did with his
canoe paddle.