Posted to alt.home.repair
RobertMacy RobertMacy is offline

Default OT - To Stormin Mormon

On Sun, 10 Nov 2013 09:52:52 -0700, Wes Groleau
wrote:

...snip....or AIOE won't let me post

Wow, you're lucky. What I usually get is "can you reboot your
computer?" Followed by "which version of Internet Explorer do you
have?"

If I were lucky enough to get the response you describe, I would handle
it differently from you. I would say instead,

"That's why I called you instead of your incompetent web team."

You may have sightly misunderstood. I called them to find out if they HAD
what I needed and to PLACE an order, not to find out how to fix/work their
website. If they even start down that path [reboot, what version, etc] I
tell them along the lines of, "Send me the money and I'll buy the latest
computer just for you, so I can buy from you! Further, requiring the most
costly computer is a little like making a customer pay an entrance fee
when going into your store, which I'll never do. More importantly, I don't
wish to spend ANY MORE time, I can make my money back. I can't make my
time back. If your firm keeps wasting my time, the cost of doing business
with you has become too high, and I will not. Do YOU understand? I know it
is NOT your fault, but tell people responsible, else it will never
change." By admitting that I know it is not their fault, it removes any
potential of them defensively posturing, AND by giving them a course of
action, win their support. EVERYBODY likes a course of action, there is
nothing worse than facing the frustrations of seeing something wrong and
having NO WAY to inform, nor change.