Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus2407 Ignoramus2407 is offline

Default Do I have any hope of selling "Charmilles Eleroda 200" CNC EDMmachines

On 2013-11-11, Steve Walker wrote:
On 11/9/2013 09:03, Ignoramus26150 wrote:
I purchased a coupld of "Charmilles Eleroda 200" CNC EDM machines at
auction for an advantageous price.

Pictures of them are he

http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp/HyperAMS/

They depict two machines, lots of pictures from the auction to wade
through.

Each weighs perhaps 2,500 lbs total.

I am trying to decide if I should scrap and part them out right away,
or try to market them as usable. If I scrap them, I get my shop space
and my money back right away and have the circulation system, EDM
parts and boards on shelves. They have electromagnetic chucks and a
lot of other useful stuff.

On the other hand, they seem to be too good to scrap and maybe there
would be a buyer. So. My question is, are they hopelessly obsolete?

Dang. Love to have one at work. I hate getting broken taps out by
tornado milling them. Do you know if they work? Might be able to get
owner to buy the blue one. We're in Grand Haven, Mich. We'd pick up, or
send a truck, if I could talk them into it.

They told me that they all worked. There was another machine at that
auction that had a problem. I did not end up buying that one. I can
hook them up to 240 or 480 if you send your repairman to test prior to
purchase.