Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus2407 Ignoramus2407 is offline

Default Do I have any hope of selling "Charmilles Eleroda 200" CNC EDMmachines

On 2013-11-10, dpb wrote:
On 11/9/2013 3:11 PM, F. George McDuffee wrote:

Even if obsolete from a production perspective, if
operational, these may have instructional value. Check to
see if the technical schools in your area are interested,
and you may make out much better donating the machines and
receiving the tax deduction, if you are making enough to be
paying taxes.

Unfortunately, for Iggy's business these would I think fall under
the special rules for "inventory" rather than as capital equipment
or other business property which effectively negates them being able
to be deducted.

It can be deducted, but only up to purchase cost.

The scam that a lot of people run, is that they donate junk and
declare that they donated valuable things.

I think that such a donation will look really stupid on my tax return,
and any auditor with half a brain will right away figure out that my
intent was to scam the government, not to give up real value to
benefit charity.

I am disgusted with that stuff and do not do that. I make small
donations of money, which is a lot less questionable.