Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C.[_3_] Pete C.[_3_] is offline

Default Do I have any hope of selling "Charmilles Eleroda 200" CNC EDMmachines

RogerN wrote:

"Ignoramus26150" wrote in message

I purchased a coupld of "Charmilles Eleroda 200" CNC EDM machines at
auction for an advantageous price.

Pictures of them are he

http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp/HyperAMS/

They depict two machines, lots of pictures from the auction to wade
through.

I'm guessing they would be out of my price range but I'd love to have one
for cutting the magazine hole out in my AR-15 lower blanks.

A die sinker EDM can be very useful, but it's a terrible choice for
something like a magwell, i.e. removal of some 4" thickness of a "soft"
material like aluminum. Wire EDM is what is sometimes used instead of
broaching.