Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.mobilehome

Default Replacing glass in crank type windows (mobile home)

On Fri, 08 Nov 2013 04:14:22 -0600, wrote:

The older mobile homes had a lot of windows that are three piece and
open using a crank. The one I'm repairing has several of those window
panes broken. While I can put glass in any wooden window frame, and
have succeeded a few times on aluminum storm windows, these crank
windows are a lot different. Can a homeowner replace the glass or is
some special machine needed? Actually, will a regular store that sells
glass have the tools and skill to do that work, or does one have to go
to a mobile home company?

Are these the "jalousie" style? AKA "florida windows"? If so I've
repaired a few - but they are useless at best - replace the whole
window with something that will actually CLOSE, and last.