Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Type of wood?

Bill wrote:

It wasn't local. It was a few hundred miles due south When I
mentioned that I thought cherry was going for about $7 his eyes lit
up and he agreed with me. But all of his wood would have to be
"reconditioned". I didn't mean I was expecting to pay him that much. On
the other hand, provided it's usable, I'll be willing to take it
all off his hands.

Holy cow Bill - $7 per board foot!? I guess prices are one hell of a lot
different there than they are here. Or - were you simply uncertain of the
real prices? Best advice - always check with a reputable mill in the
outlying areas to be sure.

--

-Mike-