Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_47_] Bill[_47_] is offline

Default Type of wood?

Bill wrote:

Related topic:

I know someone who is no longer into woodworking that selling an
"extra property" and needs get rid of a "pretty large stack" of
cherry boards he has long had there. I have not seen the stack. He
brought me a small sample--about 1" thick and not quartersawn. Since
it would need so much work, I was thinking that $1.50/bd-ft., or so,
might be a fair price. He'll probably think that's a low-ball offer
and I'm pretty sure he won't cheat himself. Just curious what the
consensus thinks would be a fair offer.

Bill

I know I should check for things like cracking. Anything else, like "bugs"?
I don't know if the boards are resting on dirt or concrete.

Cherry would fit into my plans pretty well, I hope he has plenty!
Floor space will go q quick! : )

Bill