Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Type of wood?

On Wed, 6 Nov 2013 13:48:09 -0800 (PST), "SonomaProducts.com"
wrote:

On Tuesday, November 5, 2013 3:10:14 PM UTC-8, Doug Miller wrote:
"SonomaProducts.com" wrote in

:

On Sunday, November 3, 2013 9:10:14 PM UTC-8, Michael wrote:

Can any one tell me what kind of wood this is? It's

light-colored, feels like a hardwood, has some interesting

brown marking, doesn't particularly smell like anything when I

cut it.

http://imageshack.com/i/0xm6fij

Uhh not sure what these others are thinking but that is Cherry.

Color, grain, dark sap marks. It should burn easily if you slow

cut on a high speed tool and then smell a bit like a cherry

cigar.

No, it's not. The color is totally wrong for cherry, not nearly dark or red enough. Sap marks

are too wide for cherry, and also not dark enough.

It's maple.

I have over 10k bf of Cherry right now. Good Appalachian Cherry. Much of it is darker and much of it is lighter than those pieces. Most of it when freshly milled is about that color.

Has anyone told you that YOU SUCK, recently?

When are you going to start selling the Mission table kits?