igor

Default Kitchen Table Plans Please

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 06:25:17 -0500, "Swingman" wrote:

Do some research and you may find that trestle and pedestal designs will
generally seat more folks for their size due to the legs being mostly out of
the way. I recently designed and built a 70" X 42" Mission style trestle
table that seats 8 fairly comfortably. It would be easy to increase the size
of the top to accommodate two more. Although I had no plans, there is a
simple shop drawing of sorts, and photo's of most of the process ... you are
most welcome to use what you can. Project Journal, page 5 on the site below.

That is a great looking table. And, I have always liked the LOOK of
trestle tables, in general. My problem is that, with my long legs and big
feet, and sitting at the end, I can't pull all the way up to the table.
That being said, it seems from the photos that you have a bit more overhang
at the ends than I have seen before. Did you do that on purpose? I also
wonder how much of an overhang might work yet still be stable. I suppose
at some point the trestle becomes a pedastal and loses the trestle concept.
Another idea is to make the feet of the trestle smaller and make the cutout
between the feet higher. But their proportions look good the way you did
them. Any suggestions? Maybe I'll just have to go w/ 4 legs. Thanks. --
Igor