Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Type of wood?

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote:
On Sunday, November 3, 2013 9:10:14 PM UTC-8, Michael wrote:
Can any one tell me what kind of wood this is? It's light-colored, feels
like a hardwood, has some interesting brown marking, doesn't
particularly smell like anything when I cut it.

http://imageshack.com/i/0xm6fij

Thanks.

Uhh not sure what these others are thinking but that is Cherry. Color,
grain, dark sap marks. It should burn easily if you slow cut on a high
speed tool and then smell a bit like a cherry cigar.

Those "dark sap marks" are what's known as mineral streaks, much more
common in maple than cherry. I guess we'll only know for sure after some
stain is slathered on.

--
www.ewoodshop.com (Mobile)