Posted to rec.woodworking
Michael[_24_] Michael[_24_] is offline

Default Type of wood?

On Monday, November 4, 2013 9:04:38 AM UTC-6, willshak wrote:
Swingman wrote:

On 11/3/2013 11:10 PM, Michael wrote:

Can any one tell me what kind of wood this is? It's light-colored,

feels like a hardwood, has some interesting brown marking, doesn't

particularly smell like anything when I cut it.

http://imageshack.com/i/0xm6fij

Kinda blurry, but looks like maple.

looks kinda like basswood

--

Bill

In Hamptonburgh, NY

In the original Orange County. Est. 1683

Thanks for the info, people who responded. I've been looking at pictures on the web and can't tell. I'm making a box for a charity auction (it's supposed to have other stuff inside). I guess I could label it "Maple or possibly Basswood + Red Oak Splines."