Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair
Adam Funk Adam Funk is offline

Default Nearly three feet

On 2013-11-04, Tony Cooper wrote:

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 23:03:22 -0600, IGot2P wrote:

Actually, I already have a decent "grabber" but rarely use it. Now tell
us all what the heck potato plants are doing in your yard.

The "air potato" is one of the most invasive plants found in Florida.
The vine grows up on and strangles every tree that it is near. The
vine grows very rapidly.

It produces tubers that resemble potatoes. These fall to the ground
and start a new plant. I have pick up literally hundreds from the
yard in a year's time because I have a wooded area that's part of the
property.

I don't think I'd heard of that plant until today. I giggled a little
because it reminded me of "air biscuit".

--
Most Americans are too civilized to hang skulls from baskets, having
been headhunters, of course, only as recently as Vietnam.