Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Science Quiz

On 2013-11-03, wrote:
On Sun, 3 Nov 2013 00:06:57 -0700 (PDT), BottleBob
wrote:

[ ... ]

That was fun. Although I only got 460 points (92%). I'll assume
that means I got 4 wrong. Kind of disconcerting that they don't tell
you which ones you missed.

There are about 4 that are a bit ambiguous - where you (and I) likely
outhought ourselves. One was the gear ratio question where several
were reversed - overdrive and reduction, as well as direct, and only
ONE was a non-reversing ratio (a reduction). Otherwise a much better
test than the science one. The pulley one likely got me
too.(multi-sheave)

That last one mentioned is I think what I got wrong, and *none*
of the answers for that one looked right to me. At least, that one
offered the ability to click to enlarge the pulley part, though it left
off the weight on the bottom, and I was having difficulty reading the
weight value, too. :-) (One of the problems of having a high-resolution
screen. And the web page would not let me click to increase the
magnification. :-(

Enjoy,
DoN.

--