Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair

Default Nearly three feet

On 11/3/13 7:22 PM, IGot2P wrote:
On 11/3/2013 4:51 PM, Daniel Prince wrote:
I just bought a grabber from Harbor Freight Tools. On the box it
says, "Extends your reach by nearly 3 feet." I measured the
distance between the end of my thumb and the end of the grabber. The
distance was less than 28 inches. I think that something described
as "nearly" should be at least 90 percent of the size/length of what
it is being compared to. Ninety percent of 36 is 32.4.
Twenty-eight is less than 78 percent of 36.

I think that Harbor Freight Tools is being deceptive when they
describe this grabber. What do you think?

Actually, they underestimated it. 28" down, 28" up, and 28" out would be
7 feet! You got a bargain so don't complain.:-)

Don

Times 3. That was 21 way back when I was in school.