Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Science Quiz

wrote in message
On Sun, 3 Nov 2013 00:06:57 -0700 (PDT), BottleBob
There are about 4 that are a bit ambiguous - where you (and I)
likely
outhought ourselves. One was the gear ratio question where several
were reversed - overdrive and reduction, as well as direct, and only
ONE was a non-reversing ratio (a reduction). Otherwise a much better
test than the science one. The pulley one likely got me
too.(multi-sheave)

That tested if you had ever rebuilt a manual transmission rather than
general gear theory, because of the implicit reversal of rotation in
forward gears.

I get into trouble on tests like that when I see variables where they
assumed constants, like the thickness of the balloon rubber.

-jsw, 2 wrong