Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Science Quiz

On Sun, 3 Nov 2013 00:06:57 -0700 (PDT), BottleBob
wrote:

On Saturday, November 2, 2013 11:00:45 PM UTC-7, Ollie wrote:

Mechanical Aptitude Test at

http://www.forddoctorsdts.com/quizzes.html

is pretty good.

Ollie:

That was fun. Although I only got 460 points (92%). I'll assume that means I got 4 wrong. Kind of disconcerting that they don't tell you which ones you missed.

There are about 4 that are a bit ambiguous - where you (and I) likely
outhought ourselves. One was the gear ratio question where several
were reversed - overdrive and reduction, as well as direct, and only
ONE was a non-reversing ratio (a reduction). Otherwise a much better
test than the science one. The pulley one likely got me
too.(multi-sheave)