Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Science Quiz

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 06:58:04 -0600, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

BottleBob fired this volley in news:5c691859-
:

IMO, Vanishingly few "Home Shops" have CNC equipment. We could
take a survey...

I think it would have been safe to say that ten years ago. Today... I'm
not so sure it wouldn't be better worded "A minority of 'Home Shops'...".

I'd go with "A minority but increasing number of 'home shops'..."

Advertising, cheap low-end stepper-driven machines from China, and ARM
processors have made the entire category of CNC more common and more
affordable.

Now... 'Home Shops' that have big CNC iron are fewer, to be sure! But
even that's becoming more common as conversions become simpler and less
expensive to do.

'Cept for Iggy's Big Arn shop, and he did the conversion himself.

--
The beauty of the 2nd Amendment is that it will not be needed
until they try to take it. --Thomas Jefferson