Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Science Quiz

On Sunday, November 3, 2013 12:32:40 AM UTC-7, BottleBob wrote:

"It's unfortunate that you feel that way."

It's not an opinion it's a fact. Feelings have nothing to do with it.

"And being as that particular question appears to be the one that is missed most often... it can skew the results."

Rather than pat ourselves on the back for getting perfect or near perfect scores it would make a lot more sense to do what you did and ask why do so many miss this question. My answer is that it's not emphasized enough in school like other topics are.

"Metalworking topics may be on life support, but IMO given a little nurturing I think they could be revived."

Not a chance. Usenet doesn't attract the needed newbies with an interest in home shop CNC machining and CADCAM. That's now all gone to advertising driven forums. One day that will change and there will be advertising free groups that will be started and run by home shop machinists, probably using a network much like LinkedIn has created for professionals.

LinkedIn is now where all the best professional CNC machining and CADCAM discussion happens.