Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
BottleBob BottleBob is offline

Default Science Quiz

On Saturday, November 2, 2013 4:04:05 PM UTC-7, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:

Worse. It proves the "dumbing-down" of US education.

THIS is the crap that our Bastions of Science are offering up as a
reasonable test of "Scientific Knowlege"!

If any adult or child over the age of 13 doesn't know - to the CORE of
their being - every one of these things, then they have the mental
capacity of a gopher tortoise -- or their "teachures" do.

(13 of 13 in my friggin' SLEEP)

Lloyd

Lloyd:

I don't think this little quiz was meant as a reasonable test of scientific knowledge. Here is my response after being forwarded this "gem" of a quiz:

I'm Shocked & Dismayed!!! Don't want to seem judgmental or anything... but I'm APPALLED at the poor showing of their random sample. At first I thought their "random" sample was taken from the Ozarks or Appalachia where kids never went to school or learned how to read. This is a major indictment against the results of our education system.
I especially was disappointed at the low percentage of correct answers in MY age group (65+), were they polling Alzheimer's patients?
No wonder America is in the mess it's in. Every Congress Critter should be required to take this test, and if they miss more than two questions they should be impeached and stripped of their position due to mental incompetence.

OK, ok, let me climb down off my soapbox. I still am having a hard time believing it though. Perhaps their results were fabrications just to gauge other people's reactions? Sure got a reaction out of me.

Back to real-time here. This quiz has generated enough passion in me to post it here to RCM. That's probably the first thread I've started in a couple of years.

--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

Quantum probability