Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RogerN RogerN is offline

Default I have a dream - Metalworking ++

On 2013-11-02, RogerN wrote:

snip

I'm not wanting a business loan, just money for the building.

What you described in your original post, is borrowing money for a
business operation.

Yeah, I wasn't clear. I already have the bulk of what I want for my shop, a
manual & CNC lathe, 2 manual mills plus a CNC mill, air compressor, press,
cherry picker, forklift, band saw, and so on. All I need is the building,
there would be minor other expenses, I figured in the electrical to the shop
plus inside plus light fixtures and outlets. Other expenses are like the
forklift needs a battery, need shelving, maybe a wall for office area and
tool room, and misc. things like that.

The building is something I want anyway, I'm not going to depend on any
income, that would just be a bonus. But I do think there's a chance as I
make things for hobby that it could grow to become a steady income possibly
beyond my day job. I have turned down paying machining work that I would
take if I had the shop handy, a friend rebuilds valves and cylinders, I can
make about $40 in 30 minutes machining a cylinder rod but loading up and
going to the shop makes it a couple hour ordeal. I can make the same rod in
the CNC lathe in about 5 minutes.

RogerN