Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RogerN RogerN is offline

Default I have a dream - Metalworking ++

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message ...

"RogerN" wrote in message
om...

A long time dream goal in life involves first a building to make my shop
in. Then set up a home shop with a bit of manual and CNC machines, plus
automation equipment & controls like what I do for my day job.

RogerN

I spent my working career building custom industrial equipment and
developing engineers' ideas. Much of the work was electronic, but when I
had to demonstrate my mechanical proposals I could machine adequate
proof-of-concept models on my entirely manual machine tools from the
1960's, a Clausing vertical mill, a South Bend Heavy 10 lathe and a Delta
Toolmaker surface grinder.
jsw

I always appreciate those that can design parts that are machining friendly.
Some mechanical designers will draw an easy to draw line without realizing
how long that it's going to take to cut.

RogerN