Posted to uk.d-i-y
Gefreiter Krueger Gefreiter Krueger is offline

Default EDF don't make sense

On Fri, 01 Nov 2013 14:25:38 -0000, Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 14:11:16 on Fri, 1 Nov 2013,
Gefreiter Krueger remarked:
http://www.edfenergy.com/products-se...-account/ways-
to-pay.shtml

Never heard of it.

I've been paying this way for years.

So you simply pay exactly what you use, no chance of having to change things

Indeed.

or owe anybody anything?

Well, you owe the energy company the three month bill for about a
fortnight, and pet peeve they only tell you how much they are going to
extract from your account about a week in advance.

But they are in good company, one of my charge cards just gave me only 5
days notice of the DD for this month's bill [last month's spending] (if
I was feeling generous I might assume the bill was delayed because of
the weather problems earlier in the week).

My credit cards are set to minimum payment so I don't get frights.

Apart from the time they charged me 30 quid for not paying (because my current account sort code began with a zero and their system kept losing it). I gave them the sort code again, and they refunded the 30 quid, then they did it again the next month. On the third time I called them a bunch of ****ing incompetant retards, cut the card into two and returned it with a cheque for the whole balance.

--
Chaos will reign over order - it's easier to implement.