Posted to rec.woodworking
jo4hn[_2_] jo4hn[_2_] is offline

Default O/T: RedSox in 6

On 10/31/2013 7:37 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 10/30/2013 10:26 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
Boston RedSox win World Series in 6 games over St Louis Cards.

A well played series by both teams.

Not being a sports fan of any type, I enjoyed the series immensely,
strictly because all the errors kept you on the edge of your seat
wondering what the hell was going to happen next.

To me, a "well played" game on either, or both, side(s) is boring as hell.

Basically wanted SL to win last night, just so we could have another
game to watch before the interminable basketball bull**** took over the
airways.

Oh well. I played baseball, softball, and slo-pitch in fairly
competitive leagues until I was in my late 50s. Never any major
breakage; minor breaks and sprains, jams, and on. One night in
February, we were having a tough game. I hit a clean single to right,
saw the fielder bobble the ball and took off for second. Slid safely in
and had an immediately had a WTF-an-I-doing epifany. That kind of stuff
is hard on an incipient geezer. Cut back on number of league and all
tournaments and packed it in for good a year later.

I get plenty of non-competitive strength and aerobic exercise so I am
good. I never cared for watching a baseball game and still don't.
Maggy likes pro football so we catch 2 3 4 games a week. Life's good.
mahalo,
jo4hn