Swingman

Default Kitchen Table Plans Please

"Mr Mark" wrote in message
I am looking for plans for a very large, simple kitchen table. I am no
carpenter so simpler the better for me please. I need something like a
10 seater and for the top I would like to use (if practical) two
lengths of IKEA kitchen worktop (the one which is made up of lengths
of pine, all glued together) side by side. This would then match my
kitchen worktops. Any help would be appreciated, thanking you in
advance.

Do some research and you may find that trestle and pedestal designs will
generally seat more folks for their size due to the legs being mostly out of
the way. I recently designed and built a 70" X 42" Mission style trestle
table that seats 8 fairly comfortably. It would be easy to increase the size
of the top to accommodate two more. Although I had no plans, there is a
simple shop drawing of sorts, and photo's of most of the process ... you are
most welcome to use what you can. Project Journal, page 5 on the site below.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/15/04