Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Best hold in thin alumium?

On 31 Oct 2013 02:45:16 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"

On 2013-10-30, Gunner Asch wrote:
On 30 Oct 2013 02:26:39 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"

On 2013-10-29, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
"DoN. Nichols" fired this volley in

[ ... ]

Well ... yes -- but that was French (or was it Italian?). I
would have been very surprised if they had used a single Whitworth. :-)

I was talking specifically about the MGA series -- 1500, 1600,
and 1600 MK II ('56 trough about '63, IIRC).

Earlier MGs used a lot more Whitworth, and later ones I don't
know about, but it would not surprise me if they added metric to the
collection.

My 61' Royal Enfield/Indian motorcycle is Whitworth.
My M20 BSA messenger bike was Withworth...which I had a much easier
time buying Whitworth tools for back in the 1970s (which went with the
bike when I gave it to my Dad)

Yep. Bikes were a different game. The official shop manual for
the MGA made a big point of saying that they had changed over to
"Unified" threads (compatible with US SAE threads.)

The UK changed to ASA or Metric starting in about 1965 -1972
My Triumph 650 is ASA and its a 1972..but the sidecare (Belgian) is
metric

Fortunately I have managed to find an excellent Ebay seller in England
who buys used sockets, wrenches and tools and is willing to ship to
the US for very good prices (as a buyer) and he has taken my requests
and shopped for them.

a gentleman who goes under the nym Southcoast999

Great!

Unlike this bloody ****ing ripoff...notice his shipping charges for 2
small wrenches

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DRAPER-1-ELO...-/181038393796

$161 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amazing. I think that he is claiming that the wrench is new
manufacture, so that price is semi-reasonable for one that large, but
the shipping is insane.

[ ... ]

---

*Maybe* -- if that was truly added by avast (not forged) -- and
if the e-mail was not modified by some other system it passed through on
the way to me. :-) I would really only *trust* a virus scan done on
receipt by my own system (if I ran systems where I cared about Virus
likelyhood. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

I run Avast, AVG and another that I cant remember the name of..in the
background along with Spy-bot to kill malware and tracking. It slows
the computer down just a smidge..but Im not gaming on this machine and
I go lots of interesting places and download lots of Epub files...so
the combination has been quite useful

Gunner

--
"Their mommies tell them they're special, Liberals just don't understand
that "special" is a polite euphemism for;

---