Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

Default Shocked!

On 10/26/2013 6:20 PM, Fred wrote:
How can I be getting shocked off my faucet? This happens only in my
bathroom & laundry tub downstairs. It's not all the time, but it's a good
enough zap to make you jump.

In some areas, electricity is distributed through the water pipes. There
is a splitter, usually located outside or in the garage, that separates
the electricity and the water. It's very similar to the DSL splitter
that separates voice from data over the twisted pair wires coming into
your house.

Your splitter may be defective. Call the power company and tell them
what's happening, and that you believe that your Dihydrogen Monoxide
Electroresister Distributor is defective.