Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Shocked! (and a few ideas)

On 10/28/2013 8:16 PM, Nate Nagel wrote:
After some thought, I suspect the OP has a bad neutral some where
(maybe
in the panel box where it's easier to find). An appliance some
where in
the house is neutral through the water line instead of through the
white
wire.

That would explain it, but one would expect other problems as well were
that the case.

nate

And the next question. What to do about a bad neutral?
I remember a house, a friend asked me about a power
socket that wasn't working. They were trying to use
window AC. Read just fine on my three bulb tester. The
problem turned out to be that the neutral in the panel
box wasn't tightly screwed into the bar. So, I snugged
all the neutral and ground screws at the bus bars.
That took care of the problem, and found several loose
connectors. Working inside panel box is very risky,
there is a LOT of potential ways to get zapped. The OP
should have that done by electrician.

--
..
Christopher A. Young