Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Best hold in thin alumium?

"DoN. Nichols" fired this volley in
:

Well ... back in those days, they didn't need metric at least.
My first metric socket set I got for the little 50 cc Honda which I used
on a field trip in Arizona.

I dunno... I bought a 1957 Fiat 1200 Spyder in 1967. There were a lot of
VWs on the road then, but not much else 'foreign'. The Fiat (remember,
from 1957) was ALL metric; not a single Imperial fastener on it.

Even with three VW shops in the county, we played hell finding a local auto
parts shop that carried enough metric tools to make up a 'full set'. And
BOY, did that motor need tools! It blew up _something_ about every 1200
miles (maybe that's why they called the model "the 1200"???), and no head
gasket had ever been known to last on one of those engines for more than
5000 miles.

Lloyd

Lloyd