Posted to alt.home.repair
Wes Groleau Wes Groleau is offline

Default Shocked!

On 10-28-2013, 15:34, wrote:
inherently unsafe, or that needs to be fixed. In fact, it's
still code compliant to ground a CATV cable to a water pipe,
under certain circumstances.

But it is also possible, if another ground is missing or inadequate, for
that pipe to be energized by a flaw in the device to be grounded.

I once worked on a TV for a while wondering why my butt was so itchy.
Finally realized some idiot had wired the power cord in backward.
The chassis was hot, and the insulation between me and the floor
was not quite adequate.

--
Wes Groleau

€œIt is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it
goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the
world.€
€” Thomas Jefferson