Posted to rec.woodworking
Artemus[_4_] Artemus[_4_] is offline

Default Combining projects, or how to fix a chopping board

"SteveB" wrote in message ...
My wife took MY favorite chopping board, a very nice large older one, and used it for a project of
hers. Her project was to poke holes in some project of hers with an ice pick, using the wood
chopping block as a backup. (She since went to the fabric store and bought the proper punch,
saying the chopping board did a "sloppy" job on her project.) I now have a chopping block with
about 25 1/4" deep holes in it, the size of the tip of an ice pick. What would be the best
material to fill the holes with, then, probably sand flush. Something that wouldn't come out, or
sluff off with time. Since I only use KNIVES on it, there should be no problem of them being
punched or gouged out unless the grandkids are given it by SWMBO for butchering lizards or
similar.

These women. They can use your stuff in the most outlandish way, ruin it, but don't you dare
touch any of their stuff.

And then say, "What's the problem? Just fix it!" Or, "Wassamatta? You have two of them, and
that one your Dad gave you was getting old anyway?"

Sheesh. Think I'll use her nice white placemats next time I need to wash Big Red, and see how she
likes it.

"Oh, Honey, don't you like the way the grey tones accentuate the white?"

Steve

Put a wet dishrag on it and use HER iron to steam the hell out of it. With
luck the holes will swell closed.
Art