Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Combining projects, or how to fix a chopping board

SteveB wrote:
My wife took MY favorite chopping board, a very nice large older one,
and used it for a project of hers. Her project was to poke holes in
some project of hers with an ice pick, using the wood chopping block
as a backup. (She since went to the fabric store and bought the
proper punch, saying the chopping board did a "sloppy" job on her
project.) I now have a chopping block with about 25 1/4" deep holes
in it, the size of the tip of an ice pick. What would be the best
material to fill the holes with, then, probably sand flush. Something that
wouldn't come out, or sluff off with time. Since I
only use KNIVES on it, there should be no problem of them being
punched or gouged out unless the grandkids are given it by SWMBO for
butchering lizards or similar.
These women. They can use your stuff in the most outlandish way, ruin
it, but don't you dare touch any of their stuff.

And then say, "What's the problem? Just fix it!" Or, "Wassamatta? You
have two of them, and that one your Dad gave you was getting old
anyway?"
Sheesh. Think I'll use her nice white placemats next time I need to
wash Big Red, and see how she likes it.

Or use her nice linen napkins for a snot rag at the table...

--

-Mike-