Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Shocked!

On Monday, October 28, 2013 10:05:07 AM UTC-4, Robert Green wrote:
"philo " wrote in message

On 10/28/2013 07:14 AM, wrote:

Trader's signature boatload of triple spaced quotes snipped and cleaned

up

If you want to do something before help arrives, I might *look* (but

not

touch) for any clamps with wires that are attached to your water supply

lines. Incoming phone terminals, CATV lines, the circuit box area and

the

furnace areas are places you might find a ground wire connection (no

longer

code).

Now you're off in true lala land. Since when is it no longer

code to have those things grounded? In fact they all are

supposed to be grounded. Good grief. And to add to the foolishness,

what purpose is it going to serve for Fred to go looking for

anything when he obviously doesn't have the skills to diagnose

this serious problem?

He did not say /ungrounded/ he said grounded to water line

--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS85K...ature=youtu.be

Thanks, Philo, for pointing out what I actually said rather than what a very

angry Trader *claims* I said. This is precisely why it's mostly useless to

argue with him since he'll stuff words in your mouth and then berate you for

saying something you never said. sigh

Here for the record is what you said:

"If you want to do something before help arrives, I might *look* (but not
touch) for any clamps with wires that are attached to your water supply
lines. Incoming phone terminals, CATV lines, the circuit box area and the
furnace areas are places you might find a ground wire connection (no longer
code). "

What exactly is the purpose of that process? He looks around,
he sees that the cable tv service has a ground wire that runs
over to a cold water pipe? What exactly is wrong with that?
It's perfectly normal to see that. It exists in millions of
houses. Yet, you're apparently suggesting that it has something
to do with his problem and that it's a code violation.

He sees a ground wire running from his "circuit box" over to
a cold water service pipe. What exactly is wrong with that?
Where does NEC say that is not allowed?
What does that or anything else you posted above have to
do with his problem?

His problems as others have stated a

A - Somehow at least part of his water system is getting
energized.

B - That part of the water system is not properly grounded.

It's too bad, too, because when he's not enslaved to his own anger, he's a

fairly astute diagnostician. That's the only reason I haven't yet plonked

him. He occasionally offers some valuable insights. If only he could learn

to control his anger . . .

If only you knew what you're talking about instead of sending
people off on wild goose chases.