Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Shocked!

wrote in message
On Monday, October 28, 2013 3:42:35 AM UTC-4, Robert Green wrote:
"Nate Nagel" wrote in message

stuff snipped

If you're getting "buzzed" you need to be very careful around your

piping and get it checked out ASAP. You've got at least two problems,

one, the water piping system is (surprisingly) not properly grounded,

two, it's getting AC voltage applied to it from somewhere. If it were

properly grounded, the breaker would have tripped for the voltage

source.

I suspect an electrician might also recommend either GFCI breakers or

outlets to cover any of the areas that are exhibiting shock problems.

If it

were my house, that's what I would do (and did) although I learned the

hard

way that I needed to run a separate, non-GFCI protected line to the

refrigerator. DAMHIKT. (-:

More nonsense.

You're on an idiot roll this morning, aren't you Trader?

Put in GFCI breakers and they will just trip.

AND THEY MIGHT JUST SAVE HIS LIFE IF IT HAPPENS AGAIN.

Obviously that's too hard for your tiny little pea brain to comprehend.
Fortunately the folks that write the NEC get it and that's why GFCI's are
required by code. Jeez, when you get a hair up your fat, ugly ass, you sure
do lose IQ points. I'm more than happy to help you show how your temper
betrays your intellect.

As others have pointed out, the source of how the pipes are
getting energized needs to be found and the pipes need to
be properly grounded.

No one ever said that they didn't. Read my several posts on his need to get
a qualified electrician in to fix the problem and you'll see you just made a
fool of yourself tripping over your own anger. Again. Don't you get tired
of making yourself look stupid AND petty?

If you re-read what I wrote s*l*o*w*l*y this time, you'll see I said the
electrician might ALSO recommend adding GFCIs. The implication is that
after he finds and fixes the current problem, he'll do something to make
sure if it ever happens again, the circuit will be protected and he won't be
shocked in any way.

I guess that's just too much for you to understand Trader. No wonder you
can't understand what Bud was trying to explain about the ACA. You have
some serious mental blockages. Try taking a TSP brain enema to clear them.
(-: Education and patient explanations don't seem to work.

Why do you insist on making yourself look foolish? You actually have a
rather keen diagnostic mind when you don't let your emotions or your
politics make an idiot out of you. Such a tragedy.

--
Bobby G.