Posted to alt.home.repair
philo [_2_] philo [_2_] is offline

Default Shocked!

On 10/28/2013 09:05 AM, Robert Green wrote:

snip
He did not say /ungrounded/ he said grounded to water line
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS85K...ature=youtu.be

Thanks, Philo, for pointing out what I actually said rather than what a very
angry Trader *claims* I said. This is precisely why it's mostly useless to
argue with him since he'll stuff words in your mouth and then berate you for
saying something you never said. sigh

It's too bad, too, because when he's not enslaved to his own anger, he's a
fairly astute diagnostician. That's the only reason I haven't yet plonked
him. He occasionally offers some valuable insights. If only he could learn
to control his anger . . .

Yep, that's one problem with human nature and Usenet.

Two people who probably agree on something making a simple
mis-interpretation then going ballistic with anger.

At any rate, this issue is something the OP should in no way be fooling
with. The worst advice was given by the guy who said ...try this and
then see if you still get a shock.

Also: Once the problem is fixed, the suggestion to install ground fault
outlets in laundry, bathroom and kitchen areas...is a good suggestion.

--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS85K...ature=youtu.be