Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Shocked!

wrote in message news:149d8e52-b469-4acd-a281-
On Sunday, October 27, 2013 9:04:38 PM UTC-4, Robert Green wrote:
"Doug Miller" wrote in message
"Fred" wrote in

:

Yet more of Trader's signature triple spaced untrimmed material snipped -
are you EVER going to learn how to post correctly to Usenet, Trader? I'll
fix the rest of the quoting that you're either too dumb or too lazy to fix
by removing all the idiotic triple spaced air that ****s up each and every
one of your posts

I got a call in to an electrician, they will be out Wednesday. Now

NO, you should not. It might be the last shower you ever take.

Agreed. Now that we know a little more about the situation, if the

supply
pipes are energized and they are not grounded it's very likely the drain
pipe IS grounded and taking a shower will complete the circuit to

ground.
Through you.

If you can't get an electrician in on Monday I would consider calling

either
the electric and.or the water company. If *your* pipes are energized it
could be very likely that your neighbor's are, too.

Not very likely IMO. Just because his house has screwed up
wiring, doesn't mean the neighbor's house does.

Your opinion isn't worth very much where someone's life could be at risk.
If his pipes are energized and they are connected metal-to-metal with the
neighbor's, they could be energized as well. We just don't know at this
point and in such cases it's better to be safe than sorry.

It could present a hazard beyond your house and they have the proper

test equipment to
trace the fault.

If you want to do something before help arrives, I might *look* (but not
touch) for any clamps with wires that are attached to your water supply
lines. Incoming phone terminals, CATV lines, the circuit box area and

the
furnace areas are places you might find a ground wire connection (no

longer
code).

Now you're off in true lala land. Since when is it no longer
code to have those things grounded?

Read carefully again, Trader. I know it's hard when you get angry and are
determined to turn things personal. I *never* said it wasn't code to have
those things grounded. I said they are places to look for IMPROPER
grounding techniques. The electrician is likely going to want to know about
every place a wire is connected to a water pipe. Fred can assist by mapping
those out before he arrives. Very simple.

At least Philo knew I was specifically talking about ground wire connections
made to water pipes at random places in the house. That's very clear to
anyone but a raging flamer like you. Is that still code in NJ? I doubt it.
They stopped approving such grounding methods *precisely* because of what's
happened in Fred's case. It's too easy for a repair using plastic plumbing
materials that then makes such clamp grounds located far from the circuit
panel ineffective.

In fact they all are
supposed to be grounded. Good grief. And to add to the foolishness,
what purpose is it going to serve for Fred to go looking for
anything when he obviously doesn't have the skills to diagnose
this serious problem?

"Good grief?" Have you morphed into Charly Brown from Peanuts? Will you
ever get your head on straight? It's code to have them grounded PROPERLY.
Attaching grounding clamps to different pipes located around the house, as
may be the case here (we don't really know) is no longer code, AFAIK.
Things may be different on your planet. Something's different on your
planet, that's for sure and whatever it is, it's not good!

Even if he doesn't have to have the skills to diagnose the problem, he can
still help the electrician by looking at the plumbing to find possible
contact points with the electrical service.

Being able to quickly point out all the possible problem areas to the
electrician might save him some time and money. I think, given his apparent
skill level, it would be a better use of his time than attaching meters to
various things where he might not be able to interpret the readings
correctly or worse, testing pipes for current with his bare hands. Yikes!

I love it when you let your anger take over, Trader. It's so *easy* to make
you look like an angry fool who has more interest in slamming someone you're
mad at rather than attempting to help the OP solve the problem. It's sad
because your diagnostic skills are usually quite good but they evaporate
like rain in Death Valley when you go on the warpath. Like now.

Ever wonder why the fence lady never came back? It might have had something
to do with your bellicose nature and your rather dumb advice to call the
cops or file a lawsuit. Just because someone temporarily piled up some dirt
on her lawn (charitable interpretation - it looked like bare dirt) trying to
improve the property. Jeez.

Remember that *you* turned this thread personal, Trader. I'm just finishing
what you insisted on starting. People like the fence lady don't come back
because you get all nasty and personal like this all the time. Maybe that
wouldn't happen if you could find a way to keep your pecker in your pants
and your political and personal animus out of technical threads. I don't
hold out much hope for that. You've established a sad and voluminous track
record of not being able to control yourself.

I'll bet it doesn't quite taste so good to get a big dose of your own bad
medicine, does it, Chet? I wonder why you had to stop using your real name
and start hiding behind a pen name? I can guess - you ****ed some people
off so much they came looking for you.

Now go play in the yard, Trader/Chet, you're not being very useful here.
The adults have work to do.

--
Bobby G.