Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Shocked!

"philo " wrote in message
On 10/28/2013 07:14 AM, wrote:

Trader's signature boatload of triple spaced quotes snipped and cleaned
up

If you want to do something before help arrives, I might *look* (but

not
touch) for any clamps with wires that are attached to your water supply
lines. Incoming phone terminals, CATV lines, the circuit box area and

the
furnace areas are places you might find a ground wire connection (no

longer
code).

Now you're off in true lala land. Since when is it no longer
code to have those things grounded? In fact they all are
supposed to be grounded. Good grief. And to add to the foolishness,
what purpose is it going to serve for Fred to go looking for
anything when he obviously doesn't have the skills to diagnose
this serious problem?

He did not say /ungrounded/ he said grounded to water line
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS85K...ature=youtu.be

Thanks, Philo, for pointing out what I actually said rather than what a very
angry Trader *claims* I said. This is precisely why it's mostly useless to
argue with him since he'll stuff words in your mouth and then berate you for
saying something you never said. sigh

It's too bad, too, because when he's not enslaved to his own anger, he's a
fairly astute diagnostician. That's the only reason I haven't yet plonked
him. He occasionally offers some valuable insights. If only he could learn
to control his anger . . .

--
Bobby G.