Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Shocked!

On Monday, October 28, 2013 3:42:35 AM UTC-4, Robert Green wrote:
"Nate Nagel" wrote in message

stuff snipped

If you're getting "buzzed" you need to be very careful around your

piping and get it checked out ASAP. You've got at least two problems,

one, the water piping system is (surprisingly) not properly grounded,

two, it's getting AC voltage applied to it from somewhere. If it were

properly grounded, the breaker would have tripped for the voltage source.

I suspect an electrician might also recommend either GFCI breakers or

outlets to cover any of the areas that are exhibiting shock problems. If it

were my house, that's what I would do (and did) although I learned the hard

way that I needed to run a separate, non-GFCI protected line to the

refrigerator. DAMHIKT. (-:

More nonsense. Put in GFCI breakers and they will just trip.
As others have pointed out, the source of how the pipes are
getting energized needs to be found and the pipes need to
be properly grounded.